Monday, June 27, 2011

Bad Mom?

So I have had my 3rd child. I can't help but feeling I am failing miserably at being a great mom to all 3 of them. My newborn obviously requires the most hands on attention and by the time he is settled and calm I am so exhausted I don't have the energy to play/chase my eldest two around the house. They are so great and eager to help however when the baby is screaming and I am flustered the last thing I need is 4 little hands fighting me over grabbing the diaper or wipes. I am trying to let them help when the situation provides. I knew having 3 would be hard so I was not disillusioned into thinking this time would be a dream however my husband has been working so all the workload falls on me. I have to do all the late night feedings I have to get up in the morning with all the kids and my eldest two don't nap anymore so I am I think physically drained. I feel like my house is in a constant state of disarray we have piles of laundry toys are everywhere and I am pulling my hair out. But then the baby coos and my eldest two say "I love you mommy" and I realize maybe I am doing something right. So I am going to stop blogging right now and enjoy all three of my kids behaving.

1 comment:

  1. I remember feeling that way the entire first year of Lawson's life! And looking back, overall I'm sure I did pretty good. I think (good) moms have such high expectations about what a great mommy we would like to be, we get upset with ourselves when we aren't machines and have non-bubbly emotions :0) I'm sure you are doing a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete